Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun Finds Friday: Fan, Scale, Etc. =)

This old lamp actually works.
Anyone know what kind of shade or glass goes on it?

My coolest find of late. This great airmail scale.
Not only is it green, and has all kinds of numbers,
but it actually works too.
It took me forever to weigh something.
Can't imagine having to stand in line to
have my mail weighed on this.
Of course I don't suppose many things were being sent
airmail years ago either.
Sure do love the digital scales we have now! =)

Old fan, From crusty, dusty.....
to shiny and new.
My sweet fella scrubbed it up bright and shiny.
And, it works!!
(really, I liked the crusty dusty look,
but it really did need to be cleaned.) =)

And finally, how great is this?
Went through my type set,
and realized I have this.
Etc.
etc. =)
1 1/4" tall. 3 piece.
Don't ya' just love it???

blessings
barbara jean

PS
Finally found my missing box of pocket watch faces,
so more of those soon.
Feel free to mail me if interested,
and I can give you a preview before posting.

6 comments:

karen hess jewelry said...

Those sure are wonderful treasures, Barb! I love, love, love the old fan!
xox
Karen

Angela C said...

How much do you charge for the pocket watch faces and do you ship to Canada? I don't own any and I love the way they look. You have a fantastic eye and I love what you find and create!

Betty said...

Ooh, great finds! As for the lampshade a frosty satin glass uplight shade would work, alabaster or amber colored, but my favs are always the pretty ruffled tulip lamp shades in pink or green, or better yet a stained glass with jewels! It would be great if you could find an antique shade, nothing too shiny and new looking. Can't wait to see what you decide on for your lamp base. Hugs

She Uses Her Words said...

Hi Barb!
I like the etc. That is so cute and so you!
xoxo, Karen

Okio B Designs said...

You always find the best stuff! Love that airmail scale. And my post office ALWAYS has a line - maybe they are still using one of those. HA! Love the fans too!

Jeanine

Tete said...

I have no clue on the light shade that would go with that. It is so cool. Love the scales, fan and your etc...so much fun!
You find the best stuff.