Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where did I get this????


Ever find a bag of things and do not even remember buying it?
I mean your cleaning up, right?
And here is this bag.
Well, that's what the items above are.
That white 'thing' is a baby coat.
Very old. Very thick fabric.
Click to enlarge

Here is the back.

And a closer look of the trim.
Yep. All torn, and worn, but beautiful!!

OK question:
Would you leave coat as it is?
Or take it apart and use the lace to make other treasures?

This is an extra White Wednesday Post.
(cause I just found the bag today)

Please go visit Kathleen to see more lovely whites.



Blessings
barbara jean

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Very old, very thick, and VERY beautiful! And I love running across treasures that I've "misplaced"...though, how much did I really need it if I didn't even remember I had it?! :-) I think I would leave this as it is...on an old doll or bear, perhaps...or just hanging...Happy White Wednesday -

Rebecca said...

Definetely leave it as it is-it's workmenship is beautiful and it will never be again if you tear it apart!

Anonymous said...

I would leave as is as well.Itsa great find.I love finding things like that, but sometimes I get so organized i get miss out on the fun of finding something,lol

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Oh no, no, no, don't take it apart. It is beautiful! Besides, you can get lace from so many sources and off things that are in really bad shape. This is just way too precious to destroy!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I wouldn't touch it, leave it as it is! What a treasure, Marcia

Susan said...

I would not touch it!! I would hang it on a wall to appreciate its beauty/ or display in a shadow box!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, leave it as it is, it is so unusual. I don't think I have ever seen one like that. I always feel the same way when I am "Harvesting" an old wedding dress for lace and buttons....Should I or shouldn't I??

Carol